Servs: 16 Prep:
"A vacation to Hawaii inspired me to create this mouth-watering brittle. Coconuts, macadamia nuts and pecans make my tropical-tasting recipe deliciously different."
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 1 teaspoon baking soda
- add 1 teaspoon water
- add 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- add 1 (3.5 ounce) jar macadamia nuts
- add 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- add 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- add 1/2 cup flaked coconut
- add 2 teaspoons butter, divided
- add 1 cup sugar
- Butter a large baking sheet with 1 teaspoon butter. Sprinkle coconut in a 12-in. circle on the prepared pan. In a large heavy saucepan, combine sugar and corn syrup. Cook over medium heat until a candy thermometer reads 240 degrees F (soft-ball stage), stirring constantly. Stir in the macadamia nuts, pecans and remaining butter; cook and stir until the mixture reads 300 degrees F (hard-crack stage).
- Combine the baking soda, water and vanilla. Remove saucepan from the heat; stir in the baking soda mixture. Quickly pour over the coconut. Cool before breaking into pieces. Store in an airtight container with waxed paper between layers.