Servs: 2 Prep: Cook:
"A simple and tasty salmon entree. Mayo and onions deliver a sweet and creamy flavor which is perfect with the crunch of the bread crumbs. I sometimes add nutmeg, totally optional. Tastes great with rice pilaf."
- add 1 small yellow onion, chopped
- add salt and pepper to taste
- add 1 teaspoon mustard powder
- add 1 tablespoon olive oil
- add 2 tablespoons mayonnaise, or as needed
- add 2 salmon fillets (about 1 inch thick)
- add 1/2 cup herb seasoned bread crumbs
- add 1/2 teaspoon dried minced garlic
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a baking sheet, and set aside.
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Saute onion with dried garlic, salt and pepper until tender. Transfer to a medium bowl, and mix with bread crumbs, mustard powder and mayonnaise. If necessary, add more mayonnaise to achieve a paste like consistency.
- Place salmon fillets onto the greased baking sheet, and press the crumb mixture on the top so that it is about 1/4 inch thick.
- Bake for 10 minutes in the preheated oven, until salmon is easily cut with a fork, then broil for 5 minutes to crisp the top.