Servs: 12 Prep: Cook:
"No bake cheesecake that is light, but VERY rich! Serves 12. Given to me by a college professor to share."
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 1 (5 ounce) can evaporated milk
- add 1 (.25 ounce) package unflavored gelatin
- add 1/2 cup butter, melted
- add 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- add 3/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- add 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- add 2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- add 1/3 cup amaretto liqueur
- add 1 1/4 cups white sugar
- add 1/2 cup water
- add 3 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese
- In a small bowl, stir together the graham cracker crumbs and melted butter. Press into the bottom and sides of a 9 inch springform pan, refrigerate.
- Put the water into a small saucepan, water should be cold. Sprinkle the gelatin over the water, and let stand for 1 minute. Then, stir over low heat until gelatin is dissolved, set aside. In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until fluffy. Gradually add the evaporated milk and lemon juice, container to beat until fluffy. Scrape the bottom of the bowl occasionally to make sure there are no lumps. Gradually beat in the amaretto, vanilla and the gelatin mixture until everything is well blended.
- In a medium bowl, whip the heavy cream until stiff but not grainy, then fold it into the cream cheese mixture. Pour the filling into the chilled crust and refrigerate for at least 12 hours before serving. Do not remove the springform ring until serving time.