Bosc pears work well in this dessert. I also love the flavor combination of amaretto and peaches, so peaches would probably also work well in this recipe. Based on a recipe I found in Cooking Light a couple years ago. The original used softened low-fat vanilla frozen yogurt, but I've only made it with the yogurt. The 1 hour cooking time is actually chilling time. With the low-fat frozen yogurt, Cooking Light showed the nutritional values per serving as: 238 calories, 5.6 grams fat, 39.9 g carbs, 137 mg sodium.
- add 1/2 cup gingersnap crumbs (about 2 oz)
- add 2 tablespoons amaretto liqueur
- add 1 1/2 teaspoons sugar
- add 4 tablespoons sliced almonds
- add 1 1/2 cups pears
- add 1 1/2 cups nonfat vanilla yogurt or softened low-fat vanilla frozen yogurt
- Combine pears through sugar, cover and chill 1 hour.
- Spoon layers into each of 4 8-oz glasses in this order: 1 Tbs crumbs, 3 Tbs pear mixture, 3 Tbs yogurt or frozen yogurt. Repeat layers.
- Sprinkle 1 Tbs almonds over top of each parfait. Chill until serving time.