From Cooking Light October 2006.
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 1/3 cup slivered almonds
- add 2 cups all-purpose flour (about 9 ounces)
- add 1 teaspoon baking powder
- add 1 1/2 cups peeled bosc pears, cored and finely chopped (about 2)
- add 1 cup granulated sugar
- add cooking spray
- add 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- add 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- add 1 tablespoon butter
- add 1/2 teaspoon salt
- add 1/4 cup Amaretto (almond-flavored liqueur)
- add 1/3 cup butter
- add 3/4 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- add 1 teaspoon baking soda
- add 2 tablespoons oats
- add 3 large eggs
- add 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- TOOPING: Combine brown sugar, oats, 2 tablespoons flour, 1 tablespoon butter, and cinnamon in a small bowl. Stir in almonds; set aside.
- CAKE:Combine flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
- Place granulated sugar and 1/3 cup butter in a large bowl; beat with a mixer at high speed for 5 minutes or until well blended.
- Reduce mixer speed to medium; add eggs, 1 at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Add flour mixture and sour cream alternately to sugar mixture, beginning and ending with flour mixture.
- Stir in amaretto and pear.
- Spoon batter into a 13 x 9-inch baking pan coated with cooking spray; sprinkle topping evenly over batter.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan on a wire rack.