Amateur's Light Breeze Chicken Chili
Servs: 15 Prep: Cook:
"The cumin's the king here. I used to make this stuff during college because there is enough of it to last me a long time. This recipe is VERY hot."
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 1 (12 ounce) jar sliced jalapeno peppers
- add 2 large green bell peppers, seeded and chopped
- add 1 1/2 tablespoons chili powder
- add 10 cups water, or as needed
- add 1 large onion, chopped
- add 2 tablespoons ground cumin
- add 2 (10 ounce) cans chunk chicken, undrained
- add salt to taste
- add 1 (14.5 ounce) can chicken broth
- add 3 (14.5 ounce) cans Mexican-style stewed tomatoes
- add 2 (16 ounce) cans chili beans, drained
- In a large stockpot, combine the chicken, chili beans, tomatoes, jalapenos, onion and green bell pepper. Season with chili powder and cumin. Pour in the chicken broth, and enough water to cover the ingredients. Stir well, and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium, and let simmer for one hour. Season with salt to taste.