Servs: 6 Prep: Cook:
"This is a classic Italian pasta dish. Use fresh basil when it's in season at other times use fresh flat-leaf parsley."
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- add 4 slices bacon, diced
- add 1 pound linguine pasta, uncooked
- add 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
- add 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- add 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- add 2 (14.5 ounce) cans stewed tomatoes
- add 1/2 cup chopped onion
- Cook diced bacon in a large saucepan over medium high heat until crisp, about 5 minutes. Drain all but 2 tablespoons of drippings from the pan.
- Add onions, and cook over medium heat about 3 minutes. Stir in garlic and red pepper flakes; cook 30 seconds. Add canned tomatoes, undrained; simmer 10 minutes, breaking up tomatoes.
- Meanwhile, cook the pasta in a large pot of 4 quarts boiling salted water until al dente. Drain.
- Stir basil into the sauce, and then toss with cooked pasta. Serve with grated Parmesan cheese.