Servs: 6 Prep: Cook:
"Flavor and texture all in one dish. This is a wonderful dish for vegetarians or vegans. A beautiful mixed green salad with a crunchy flavorful tofu and a soy citrus vinaigrette to die for!"
- add 1 (16 ounce) package firm tofu, drained and cubed
- add 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- add 1 cup cornstarch
- add 1 (10 ounce) package mixed salad greens
- add 1/4 cup champagne vinegar
- add 2 tablespoons dry bread crumbs
- add 2 tablespoons white sugar
- add 6 tablespoons soy sauce, divided
- add 1 teaspoon chili oil
- add 2 medium shallots, finely minced, divided
- add 1 medium tomato, chopped
- add 1/2 bunch green onions, sliced, divided
- add 1/2 large cucumber, chopped
- add vegetable oil for pan-frying
- Toss the tofu with lemon juice and 2 tablespoons of soy sauce in a small bowl, set aside to marinate.
- Combine the cornstarch and bread crumbs with 1 minced shallot and half of the green onions in a bowl. Toss the tofu with the cornstarch mixture to generously bread; reserve the remaining marinade.
- Heat about 1/4 inch of oil in a skillet over medium heat. Fry the tofu cubes on all sides until golden brown, remove to drain on a paper towel.
- Whisk together the remaining marinade with the vinegar, 4 tablespoons of soy sauce, sugar, and chili oil; set aside. Toss together the salad mix, cucumber, tomato, and tofu cubes in a large bowl; add the dressing and toss to combine.