Servs: 4 Prep: Cook:
"This tomato sauce combines the flavors of garlic, onion, kalamata olives & capers. It is wonderful over any pasta or as a sauce for white fish or chicken."
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 1 tablespoon olive oil
- add salt and pepper to taste
- add 15 kalamata olives, pitted and sliced
- add 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- add 5 cloves garlic, minced
- add 1 (6.5 ounce) can tomato sauce
- add 1 small yellow onion, diced
- add crushed red pepper to taste (optional)
- add 1 tablespoon capers, chopped
- add 1 (16 ounce) can organic Italian diced tomatoes
- add crumbled Feta or grated Parmesan Cheese
- In a skillet, cook onion in olive oil over medium high heat until tender and translucent. Stir in garlic, and cook for 1 minute. Add tomatoes, tomato sauce, capers, olives, vinegar, salt, pepper, and crushed red pepper (if using).
- Reduce heat, cover, and simmer for a minimum of 30 minutes, or up to 2 hours, time permitting. Serve over pasta, fish, or chicken, and top with crumbled feta or grated Parmesan cheese. Enjoy!