Servs: 12 Prep: Cook:
"Melt in your mouth. My mother-in-law actually asked for this recipe... now THAT'S saying something."
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 1 cup chopped pecans
- add 1 1/2 cups white sugar
- add 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- add 1 tablespoon baking powder
- add 1 cup sour cream
- add 1/4 teaspoon salt
- add 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- add 2 eggs
- add 1 cup butter, softened
- add 2 cups all-purpose flour
- add 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- add 1/2 cup brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Line a 9x13 inch pan with aluminum foil, and lightly grease with vegetable oil or cooking spray. Sift together the flour, baking powder, and salt; set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream the butter until light and fluffy. Gradually beat in sour cream, then beat in sugar. Beat in the eggs one at a time, then stir in the vanilla. By hand, fold in the flour mixture, mixing just until incorporated. Spread batter into prepared pan.
- To make the Pecan Topping: In a medium bowl, mix together brown sugar, pecans and cinnamon. Stir in melted butter until crumbly. Sprinkle over cake batter in pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 30 to 35 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean. Let cool in pan for 10 minutes, then turn out onto a wire rack, and remove foil.