Servs: 10 Prep:
"I'm happy to share this wonderful recipe that uses fresh oranges. I've had it a long time. As a volunteer wildlife rehabilitator, I'm especially busy this time of year. It's nice to treat myself to a light, refreshing dessert. #151; Donna Morris, Weirsdale, Florida"
- add 20 large marshmallows
- add 5 large navel oranges, peeled and sectioned
- add 2 tablespoons sugar
- add 1 (10.75 ounce) loaf frozen pound cake, thawed and cubed
- add 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- add 2 cups heavy cream, divided
- add 1 (20 ounce) can crushed pineapple, well drained
- add 1 cup flaked coconut
- add 1/4 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- add 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Place marshmallows and 1/4 cup cream in the top of a double boiler; heat over boiling water until the marshmallows are melted and mixture is smooth. Cool completely. Meanwhile, whip the remaining cream until thick. Add sugar. Fold into marshmallow mixture. Fold in extracts, pineapple and coconut. Place half of the pound cake cubes in the bottom of a 2-1/2 to 3-qt. clear glass bowl. top with half of the orange sections. Top with half of the cream mixture. Repeat layers. Sprinkle with almonds. Chill until serving time.