Servs: 8 Prep: Cook:
"This is the American Apple Pie."
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 1/3 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- add 1/3 cup white sugar
- add 1/3 cup packed light brown sugar
- add 1 recipe pastry for a 9 inch double crust pie
- add 7 1/2 cups peeled, cored and sliced apples
- add 1 egg
- add 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- add 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- add 1 cup raisins
- Preheat oven 425 degrees F (220 degrees C). Spray deep dish pie plate with cooking spray
- Combine white sugar, light brown sugar, flour, lemon, cinnamon, and mix well. Add apples and raisins to sugar mixture; stir until fruit is well coated.
- Spoon apple mixture into pie crust. Place second piecrust on top of filling, and trim edges. Lightly glaze top of pie with a beaten egg, then sprinkled with a little sugar.
- Bake till golden brown, about 35 to 40 minutes. Place on a wire rack, and cool 30 minutes.