Mom's recipe. I enjoyed it as a kid, still enjoying as an even bigger kid! I got my friend and her family hooked too! *The kind of Macaroni and Cheese Dinner to be used here is the one in the short fat box with the foil envelope containing the squishy cheese.
- add 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- add 1 cup red peppers or green peppers
- add 2 tablespoons green onions
- add 1 1/2 cups fresh broccoli florets
- add 1 lb smoked sausage
- add 1 box deluxe kraft macaroni & cheese dinner mix
- Boil macaroni for about ten minutes.
- Drain and then stir in the pouch of cheese that comes in the box.
- Set aside.
- Cook sausage in a large skillet over medium heat for 6 minutes.
- Ad vegetables and oregano.
- Cook until vegetables are tender.
- Add macaroni and cheese and mix lightly.