Recent research suggests that curry may guard against the development of Alzheimer's disease (see http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/1668932.stm). This recipe is for a curry using ingredients commonly found in American kitchens. Ease of preparation and a short cooking time make it a great supper for those who want to add some curry to their everyday menu. Adjust the amount of curry powder to suit your own taste.
- add 2 tablespoons raisins (optional)
- add hot cooked rice
- add salt and pepper
- add 1 beef bouillon cube
- add 1 tablespoon flour
- add 1 tablespoon curry powder
- add 4 medium onions
- add 1 clove garlic, minced or 1/4 teaspoon instant minced garlic
- add 2 tablespoons butter
- add 1/4 cup slivered almonds (optional)
- add 1 lb lean ground beef
- add 1 cup cooked peas
- add 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- add 1 1/4 cups water
- Cook the onion and garlic in butter until soft.
- Add the ground beef and brown lightly.
- Blend in the flour.
- Add the raisins through water; simmer, covered, 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the peas, salt and pepper; reheat.
- Serve on hot rice.