Servs: 12 Prep: Cook:
"The first person I served this for didn't like peach cobbler (unknown to me). He really enjoyed it. I just made it because it sounded yummy and I was dieting. No one will ever guess it's 'lighter' than any other cobbler. I hope you like it. Oh! and it's quick and easy."
- add 1 1/2 cups white sugar
- add 1/2 cup skim milk
- add 4 (15 ounce) cans sliced peaches packed in juice, drained and juice reserved
- add 2 teaspoons baking powder
- add 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- add 1/2 cup reduced-calorie margarine, melted
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Pour the melted margarine into the bottom of a 9x13 inch baking dish; set aside. In a medium bowl, combine the flour, baking powder and white sugar. Stir in 1 cup of the reserved liquid from the peaches and the milk until smooth. Pour the batter evenly into the bottom of the dish over the margarine. Do not stir. Spoon peaches over the batter.
- Bake for 35 to 40 minutes in the preheated oven, or until the top is golden.