Servs: 60 Prep: Cook:
"This recipe is used by the Amish in the Midwest...around Wisconsin and Iowa."
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 1 cup vegetable oil
- add 3/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- add 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- add 1 teaspoon baking soda
- add 2 eggs
- add 1 cup white sugar
- add 4 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- add 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- add 1 cup butter, softened
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Grease cookie sheets.
- In a large bowl, mix together the butter, oil, white sugar, and confectioners' sugar until smooth. Beat in the eggs one at a time, then stir in the vanilla. Combine the flour, baking soda, and cream of tartar. Stir into the sugar mixture until just combined. Drop dough by teaspoonfuls onto the prepared cookie sheets.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes in preheated oven, or until bottoms are lightly browned. Remove from baking sheets to cool on wire racks.