Servs: 20 Prep: Cook:
"This recipe was given to me by a friend several years ago. Different things such as shredded carrots, shredded zucchini, mashed bananas, chopped apples may be added to make the bread of your choice."
- add 1/2 cup applesauce
- add 1 cup white sugar
- add 1/2 cup milk
- add 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- add 1 (5 ounce) package instant vanilla pudding mix
- add 3 eggs
- add 1/2 cup dates, pitted and chopped
- add 2 cups all-purpose flour
- add 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- add 1 cup chopped walnuts
- add 1 cup Amish Friendship Bread Starter
- add 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- add 1/2 cup raisins
- add 1/2 teaspoon salt
- add 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- add 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Lightly grease two 9x5 inch loaf pans.
- In a large bowl, stir together Amish Friendship Starter, oil, applesauce, sugar, vanilla, eggs and milk. Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon. Stir into the starter mixture. Mix in the vanilla pudding mix. Fold in the chopped nuts, raisins and dates. Pour the batter evenly into the prepared pans.
- Bake for 60 minutes in the preheated oven, until a knife inserted comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes in pans before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.