Servs: 6 Prep: Cook:
"A colorful and flavorful macaroni salad made with hard cooked eggs, bell pepper and celery in a creamy dressing. Best macaroni salad I have ever had. I always get many requests for recipe. Enjoy!"
- add 3 tablespoons prepared yellow mustard
- add 2 tablespoons dill pickle relish
- add 1 small red bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- add 3/4 cup white sugar
- add 2 cups uncooked elbow macaroni
- add 3/4 teaspoon celery seed
- add 3 stalks celery, chopped
- add 1 small onion, chopped
- add 2 1/4 teaspoons white vinegar
- add 1/4 teaspoon salt
- add 2 cups creamy salad dressing (e.g. Miracle Whip)
- add 3 hard-cooked eggs, chopped
- Bring a pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add macaroni, and cook for 8 to 10 minutes, until tender. Drain, and set aside to cool.
- In a large bowl, stir together the eggs, onion, celery, red pepper, and relish. In a small bowl, stir together the salad dressing, mustard, white sugar, vinegar, salt and celery seed. Pour over the vegetables, and stir in macaroni until well blended. Cover and chill for at least 1 hour before serving.