Servs: 8 Prep: Cook:
"A recipe for Amish meatloaf topped with bacon strips and a ketchup glaze that I had while in Amish country in Holmes County, Ohio."
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 2 tablespoons vinegar
- add 2 tablespoons prepared yellow mustard
- add 1 small onion, chopped
- add 2 pounds ground beef
- add 3/4 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- add 2 eggs
- add 1/4 cup brown sugar
- add 2 slices bacon
- add 2 1/2 cups crushed butter-flavored crackers
- add 1/2 cup brown sugar
- add 1 cup ketchup
- add 3/4 cup ketchup
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- In a medium bowl, mix together ground beef, crushed crackers, onion, eggs, 3/4 cup ketchup, and 1/4 cup brown sugar until well blended. Press into a 9x5 inch loaf pan. Lay the two slices of bacon over the top.
- Bake for 1 hour in the preheated oven, or until cooked through. While the loaf bakes, mix together the remaining 1 cup ketchup, vinegar, salt, mustard and 1/2 cup brown sugar. Spread over the top of the meat loaf for the last 15 minutes of baking.