Servs: 6 Prep: Cook:
"A real tasty dish, there are seldom any leftovers with this ground beef and noodle casserole."
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 1 (14.5 ounce) can stewed, diced tomatoes
- add 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- add 1 onion, chopped
- add 1 (12 ounce) package uncooked egg noodles
- add 1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed cream of chicken soup
- add 3/4 cup chopped celery
- add 1/4 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- add 1 pound ground beef
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Place noodles in a pot of lightly salted boiling water. Cook until al dente, about 8 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- Cook ground beef, onion, celery and garlic in a skillet over medium heat until meat is evenly browned. Drain off excess grease.
- Butter a 9x13 inch baking dish. Place half of the cooked noodles in the bottom of the dish. Cover them with half of the meat mixture, then half of the tomatoes. Spoon half of the cream of chicken soup over the tomatoes, then sprinkle half of the shredded cheese. Repeat layers, ending with cheese on the top.
- Bake for 1 hour in the preheated oven, or until cheese is browned and bubbly. Let stand for 10 minutes to set before serving.