Servs: 8 Prep: Cook:
"A delicious cornbread that will transport you to a magic kingdom of flavor. This recipe can also be used for cornbread muffins."
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 2 cups all-purpose flour
- add 2 eggs
- add 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- add 1 1/3 cups milk
- add 1 tablespoon baking powder
- add 3/4 cup cornmeal
- add 2/3 cup white sugar
- add 1 teaspoon salt
- add 1/3 cup butter, softened
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Lightly grease an 8 inch skillet.
- In a large bowl, beat together sugar, salt, butter and vanilla until creamy. Stir in eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. In a separate bowl, mix together flour, baking powder and cornmeal. Stir flour mixture into egg mixture alternately with the milk. Beat well until blended.
- Bake in preheated oven for 20 minutes, or until golden brown. Serve warm.