I just love the sound of the blend of garlic, cumin and lime with the cilantro in this Cilantro Cream Sauce recipe. When I came across it on the Allrecipes website and read some of the hundred or so rave reviews that had been written, I checked the Zaar recipes, which all sounded quite different again from this one and, I thought, well there are probably some other Zaar members who would also like to try this recipe. Being timid around spicy flavours, I?ll be leaving those out ? whereas some chefs will I know be increasing their heat ? but the rest of the flavour combinations sound really tempting. I was also struck by the versatility offered by this recipe, something that is also true of the other Zaar recipes for Cilantro Sauce, some of which I?ve saved and will also be trying. I particularly liked the sound of Merlot?s Hazelnut & Cilantro Pasta Sauce #31361. Amy?s Cilantro Cream Sauce can be used as a dip, as a sauce for grilled fish, chicken or steamed vegetables, as a sal
- add 1 bunch fresh cilantro
- add 1 tablespoon sour cream
- add 1 (7 ounce) can tomatillo salsa
- add 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- add 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- add 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- add 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- add 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- add 1 teaspoon celery salt
- Combine cream cheese, sour cream, salsa, pepper, celery salt, cumin, garlic powder, cilantro and lime juice in a blender or food processor.
- Blend until smooth and creamy.
- Place in a serving bowl.