Servs: 6 Prep: Cook:
"I created this one to make mouths dance. I love fish tacos, but don't like the fried versions or cabbage. Not really for kids, though - a bit flavorful. Serve with authentic Mexican cheese, sour cream, fresh cilantro, lettuce, and lime."
- add 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- add 1 1/2 pounds halibut fillets
- add salt and pepper to taste
- add 12 corn tortillas
- add 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- add 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- add 1 leek, chopped
- add 2 large tomatoes, diced
- add 1 lime
- add 1 cup chicken broth
- add 1 Anaheim chile pepper, chopped
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat, and saute the chile, leek, and garlic until tender and lightly browned. Season with salt and pepper.
- Mix the chicken broth and tomatoes into the skillet, and season with cumin. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low. Place the halibut into the mixture. Sprinkle with lime juice. Cook 15 to 20 minutes until the halibut is easily flaked with a fork. Wrap in warmed corn tortillas to serve.