Servs: 8 Prep: Cook:
This is quick to make and keeps in the refrigerator until you are ready to serve.
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 2 pkgs. chocolate chips
- add 3 eggs, separated
- add 1 Pint heavy whipping cream
- add 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- add 3 Tbs. extra fine sugar
- add 1 bakery angel food cake
- add 3/4 Cup chopped nuts
- In the top of a double boiler, melt the chocolate chips.
- Beat egg yolks and mix into melted chocolate a little at a time.
- Beat egg whites and fold into mixture. Set aside to cool.
- Whip cream until peaks form (don't over beat)
- Add vanilla, then the sugar a tablespoon at a time while mixing
- Combine whipped cream mixture and chocolate mixture and stir in half the nuts.
- Spray Pam into a 9x12 pan. Tear the cake into bite sized pieces and put in pan. Top with the chocolate/whipped cream mixture and then sprinkle with the rest of the nuts.
- Store in refrigerator until ready to serve