This is a very refreshing, nice summer dessert. Very simple to prepare. You can use any pie filling that you wish, but we like lemon the best...it makes a nice contrast with the sweetness of the cream cheese mixture.
- add 8 ounces Cool Whip
- add 1 prepared angel food cake or cake
- add 1/2 cup sugar
- add 8 ounces cream cheese
- add chopped walnuts
- add 1 (15 ounce) can lemon flavor instant pudding and pie filling
- In 13X9-inch pan, layer the cubes of cake, packing them tightly together.
- Cream together cream cheese and sugar.
- Fold in Cool Whip.
- Spread over the cake cubes in pan.
- Spread pie filling over top of cream cheese mixture.
- Sprinkle with nuts, if desired.
- Refrigerate until serving.