This is posted for the ZWT 2006. I have not tried this recipe, it is compliments of allrecipes.com by Ruben Jerez
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 1 egg
- add 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- add 1 1/4 cups butter
- add 2 tablespoons anise seed
- add 1 teaspoon baking powder
- add 3/4 cup white sugar
- add 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cloves
- add 1/2 teaspoon salt
- add 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- add 3 tablespoons rum
- Place the anise seeds in a small bowl with the rum.
- Set aside to marinate overnight.
- In a medium bowl, cream together the butter, sugar and vanilla until smooth.
- Stir in the anise seed and rum.
- Mix in the egg.
- Combine the flour, salt, baking powder and cloves; stir into the butter mixture until well blended.
- Cover and refrigerate until chilled, about 1 hour.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll the dough out to 1/8 inch thickness.
- Cut into desired shapes using cookie cutters.
- Place cookies on a greased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 10 minutes in the preheated oven, or until golden brown at the edges.
- Cool for a few minutes on baking sheets before removing to wire racks to cool completely.