Servs: 36 Prep: Cook:
"You must find some time to make these cookies because are simply delicious; one of my best friend's favorites. They are classic sugar cookies with the blended flavors of vanilla, anise and rum."
- add 3 tablespoons rum
- add 1 teaspoon baking powder
- add 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- add 1 egg
- add 1 1/4 cups butter
- add 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- add 3/4 cup white sugar
- add 1/2 teaspoon salt
- add 2 tablespoons anise seed
- add 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cloves
- Place the anise seeds in a small bowl with the rum. Set aside to marinate overnight.
- In a medium bowl, cream together the butter, sugar and vanilla until smooth. Stir in the anise seed and rum. Mix in the egg. Combine the flour, salt, baking powder and cloves; stir into the butter mixture until well blended. Cover and refrigerate until chilled, about 1 hour.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). On a lightly floured surface, roll the dough out to 1/8 inch thickness. Cut into desired shapes using cookie cutters. Place cookies on a greased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 10 minutes in the preheated oven, or until golden brown at the edges. Cool for a few minutes on baking sheets before removing to wire racks to cool completely.