This pasta salad is adapted from Gourmet Magazine and tastes like it came from an Italian Deli.
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 1/2 ounce sun-dried tomatoes
- add 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- add 1/4 lb smoked mozzarella cheese
- add 1/2 lb rotini pasta or fusilli (corkscrew-shaped pastas)
- add 1/2 tablespoon dijon-style mustard
- add 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- add 8 ounces canned garbanzo beans
- add 1/2 tablespoon water
- add 1/4 teaspoon hot red pepper flakes
- add 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- add 1/2 cup loosely packed fresh flat-leaf parsley
- add 5-10 bottled small pepperoncini peppers (pickled Tuscan peppers)
- add 2 cloves garlic
- add 1 1/4 ounces sliced hard salami
- In a kettle of boiling salted water cook the rotini until it is tender and drain.
- Refresh the pasta under cold water and drain well.
- In a blender blend the garlic, the mustard, the vinegars, the water, the oil, and salt, to taste, until the dressing is emulsified.
- In a very large bowl toss the pasta well with the dressing and stir in the sun-dried tomatoes, the mozzarella, the garbanzos, the salami, the Tuscan peppers, the red pepper flakes, and the parsley.
- Chill the salad, covered, for 1 hour.
- The salad may be made 2 days in advance and kept covered and chilled.