These have been an old faithful for the last few years. Everyone loves them and they are good hot or cold. The recipe came from a friends family cook book. During the holidays I keep a batch in the freezer and when unexpected guests or a spur of the moment get together happens I haul them out and reheat them. Enjoy!
- add salt & pepper
- add 1/4 cup chopped onions
- add 1 can mushroom soup
- add 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- add 1/2 cup breadcrumbs
- add 16-18 slices bread, crust trimmed (square sandwich slices work best)
- add 1 beaten egg
- add 1 lb lean ground beef
- add 1/2 cup grated cheddar cheese
- Combine all ingrediants well.
- Trim crusts from the bread.
- Butter the slices and place butter side down into muffin tins.
- You have to push them in gently from the edges of the bread.
- Fill with meat mixture and bake at 350 degrees for 35-45 minutes.