I found myself with a whole package of wheat tortillas to use up. I turned them into a treat after finding this recipe in a Light and Tasty Magazine. I added a few extras to my version. You can serve these with whipped cream, vanilla ice cream, or both!
- add 1/3 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- add 1 tablespoon margarine
- add 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- add 1/4 cup raisins, dried cranberries, dried cherries (whatever you have on hand)
- add 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- add 2 medium baking apples (I used Gala Apples)
- add honey
- add 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- add 6 wheat flour tortillas
- add 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- In a small saucepan, melt butter over medium-low heat, stir in brown sugar until dissolved.Add apples, raisins, cinnamon and nutmeg.Cook until apples are tender.Remove from heat and stir in vanilla.Cool.
- Place tortilla on a square piece of foil.Top with apples mixture and sprinkle with cheese.Fold in sides of tortilla and roll up.Wrap in foil.Bake at 350 for 10 minutes.
- After baking, unwrap foil and drizzle top with honey.