This is a really easy and tasty dessert recipe. It's great served warm, fresh from the oven, or even cold, with vanilla ice cream. It's lighter and lower in calories than a pie, but just as satisfying!
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 4 cups apples
- add 2/3 cup white sugar
- add 1 tablespoon baking powder
- add 1/4 teaspoon salt
- add 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- add cinnamon (vary according to your taste, I use 1/2 tsp)
- add 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- add 1/2 tablespoon butter
- add 1 cup milk (I use skim)
- Melt butter (or margarine) in a 9 x 13 inch pan.
- Set aside to cool.
- Use only as much butter as you need to cover the bottom of the pan.
- In a bowl, stir together flour, sugar, salt, and baking powder.
- Mix in milk and vanilla.
- The batter might seem impossibly thick at first, but it thins out into pourable consistency with persistent stirring.
- You will not need to add any extra milk or water.
- Pour batter over melted butter and sprinkle with half of the cinnamon.
- DO NOT MIX OR STIR.
- Spoon the sliced apples over the batter and sprinkle the rest of the cinnamon.
- Again, DO NOT MIX OR STIR.
- Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 55 minutes.