Servs: 8 Prep:
"I CREATED this recipe when my children were small and fussed about eating fruits and vegetables. The slightly sweet dressing makes it a hit. This salad was part of our Friday meal when I served fried fish and boiled potatoes. My grown children call this 'Mom's Salad'. -M.J. Zimmerman, Altoona, Pennsylvania"
- add 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- add 1/4 cup sugar
- add 2 tablespoons evaporated milk
- add 2 large red apples, diced
- add 1 head iceberg lettuce, torn
- add 1 cup mayonnaise
- In a bowl, combine the mayonnaise, sugar, vinegar and milk; mix well. add apples. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour. Just before serving, toss with lettuce.