If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 1/2 teaspoon finely grated lemons, zest of
- add 1 unbaked pie crust
- add 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- add 1 cup light brown sugar
- add 6 cups peeled cored sliced apples
- add 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- add 1/8 teaspoon ground allspice
- add 1/2 cup flour
- add 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Combine sugar, flour, butter, lemon zest, cinnamon, allspice, cloves, and nutmeg in a food processor.
- Process until well blended.
- Spread one-third of the sugar mixture over an unbaked pie crust.
- Arrange apple slices, in an overlapping pattern, on top of the sugar mixture.
- Top with the remaining sugar mixture.
- Bake@ 400 degrees for 45-55 minutes, until crust is lightly browned.
- Serve hot, warm, or at room temperature.