Recipe by master chef montaser masoud "This was my grandmother's apple pie recipe. I have never seen another one quite like it. It will always be my favorite and has won me several first place prizes in local competitions. I hope it becomes one of your favorites as well!"
- add Ingredients Edit and Save
- add Original recipe makes 1 - 9 inch pieChange Servings
- add 1 recipe pastry for a 9 inch double crust pie
- add 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- add 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- add 1/4 cup water
- add 1/2 cup white sugar
- add 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- add 8 Granny Smith apples - peeled, cored and sliced
- Directions by master chef montaser masoud
- Preheat oven to (220 degrees C). Melt the butter in a saucepan. Stir in flour to form a paste. Add water, white sugar and brown sugar, and bring to a boil. Reduce temperature and let simmer.
- Place the bottom crust in your pan. Fill with apples, mounded slightly. Cover with a lattice work crust. Gently pour the sugar and butter liquid over the crust. Pour slowly so that it does not run off.
- Bake 15 minutes in the preheated oven. Reduce the temperature to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Continue baking for 35 to 45 minutes, until apples are soft.