These are a lower fat alternative to apple crepes and are quite yummy. True apple lovers will enjoy these on thier own, but they are also yummy with carmel sauce or vanilla ice cream on top. From the moosewood cookbook
- add 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- add 6 wheat flour tortillas (8 or 9 inch size)
- add 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- add 5-8 crispin apples or other medium tart apples (8 cups of 1/4 inch slices, peeled and cored)
- add vegetable oil or cooking spray
- add 3 tablespoons butter
- add 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- In a large bowl toss lemon juice, cinnamon and apples.
- Melt butter in a deep skillet, stri in apples and cover and cook on medium heat for 5-10 minutes.
- Until cooked but still retaining their shape.
- stir in the maple syrup and set aside.
- warm a lightly oiled, nonstick skillet on high heat.
- Place a tortilla in the skillet and heat for one or two minutes.
- Flip and place one cup of capples on one half and cook for another 2 minutes, just until the tortilla is lightly crispy and browned.
- Fold in half and transer for a warm plate.
- Repeat for 5 more tortillas.