Servs: 16 Prep: Cook:
"Our state has many outstanding apple orchards. I've tried many apple recipes and this is one of my favorites. It's great for company."
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- add 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- add whipped topping
- add 2 1/4 cups sugar
- add 3 eggs
- add 1 1/2 cups chopped walnuts
- add 2 1/4 teaspoons baking powder
- add 2 medium tart apples, peeled and thinly sliced
- add 1/2 teaspoon salt
- add 1 (5 ounce) can evaporated milk
- add 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- In a mixing bowl, combine the eggs, sugar, milk and vanilla. Combine the flour, cinnamon, baking powder and salt; add to egg mixture and mix well. Stir in the apples and walnuts. Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. x 2-in. baking pan. Bake at 350 degrees F for 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on wire rack. Cut into squares. Serve with whipped topping if desired.