This squash has a delicate hint of orange combined with dried cranberries and a tart apple for a true taste delight. The maple syrup adds a delicate touch of sweetness.
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 1/4 teaspoon apple pie spice
- add 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- add 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- add 1 medium fuji apple
- add 1 medium acorn squash
- add 1 tablespoon orange zest
- add 2 teaspoons butter
- add 2 tablespoons pecans
- add 3-4 tablespoons orange juice
- Cut the squash in half; discard seeds.
- Place the squash cut side down in a microwave safe dish; add 1/2 inch of water.
- Microwave on high, uncovered, for 10 to 12 minutes or until tender; drain.
- While the squash is cooking, melt the butter in a non-stick skillet and add the diced apple.
- Cook, stirring frequently for 2 to 3 minutes, add the orange juice, apple pie spice, cranberries and chopped pecans.
- Continue to cook for 1 to 2 minutes or until the orange juice has evaporated, stir in orange zest.
- Divide the mixture between the squash halves, drizzle with maple syrup and place under broiler for a few minutes to brown lightly.
- Let stand for 5 minutes before serving.
- Hint:For easier cutting of the squash, place in microwave and microwave on high for 1 minute or until slightly warm.