Servs: 6 Prep: Cook:
"I like to take leftover holiday turkey and turn it into this delicious potpie. Apples and raisins add sweetness. --Georgia MacDonald, Dover, New Hampshire"
- add 1 (9 inch) pie crust
- add 2 (10.75 ounce) cans condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- add 1/4 cup chopped onion
- add 1/3 cup golden raisins
- add 1 large unpeeled tart apples, cubed
- add 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- add 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- add 3 cups cubed cooked turkey
- add 1 tablespoon butter or margarine
- In a large saucepan, saute onion in butter until tender. Add the soup, turkey, apple, raisins, lemon juice and nutmeg; mix well. Spoon into an ungreased 11-in. x 7-in. x 2-in. baking dish. On a lightly floured surface, roll out pastry to fit top of dish. Place over filling; flute edges and cut slits in top. Bake at 425 degrees F for 25-30 minutes or until crust is golden brown and filling is bubbly.