If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 6 firm-ripe pears (3 lb) <br> 5 oz dried apricots (preferably California; 1 heaping cup) <br> 4 teaspoons finely grated peeled fresh ginger<br> 1/2 cup water<br> 2 to 3 tablespoons sugar<br> 4 (4- by 1-inch) strips <a href ="/recipes/recipe_vie
- Peel 4 pears (2 pounds) and coarsely chop (including cores), then transfer to a 3- to 4-quart saucepan. Add apricots, ginger, water, 2 tablespoons sugar, zest, cinnamon stick, and 1 tablespoon lemon juice and simmer, covered, until pears are very tender, about 20 minutes. Discard cinnamon stick and force mixture through food mill into a bowl. If desired, stir in up to 1 tablespoon additional sugar and cool sauce.
- While sauce is cooling, peel, core, and finely dice (1/3 inch) remaining 2 pears (1 pound), then toss with remaining tablespoon lemon juice in a bowl.
- Spoon 1/4 cup sauce into each of 6 (8-ounce) glasses and top each serving with 2 tablespoons diced pear. Then spread 2 tablespoons yogurt in each glass and top with 2 more tablespoons diced pear and 1/4 cup sauce.
- Cooks' note:
- Sauce can be made 1 day ahead and chilled, covered.