Servs: 6 Prep: Cook:
"In an unusual but tongue-tingling combination, apricots and salsa smother pieces of chicken with a sweet and spicy sauce in this recipe by Grace Yaskovic of Branchville, New Jersey."
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 6 (4 ounce) boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- add Hot cooked rice
- add 1 (12 ounce) jar apricot preserves
- add 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- add 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- add 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- add 1 (16 ounce) jar salsa
- add 1/2 cup apricot nectar
- add 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- add 1 teaspoon salt
- In a shallow bowl, combine the first four ingredients. Add chicken; turn to coat. In a skillet, brown chicken in oil; drain. Stir in salsa, preserves and nectar; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 15 minutes or until sauce thickens and meat juices run clear. Serve over rice.