ash reshteh soup (famous persian one meal soup)
Servs: 8 Prep: 5m Cook: 70m
for cold winter time alwayes this soup one meal is a must .it is hardy & healthy .
- 1 16 oz can chicken or beef broth
- 2 large onion ( 1 sliced & 1 chopped)
- 4 clove garlic chopped
- 1/2 cup cooked chick peas
- 1/2 cup cooked lintells
- 1/2 cup cooked black eye peas
- 1/2 cup cooked pinto beans
- 1 8 oz chopped spinach
- 1 8 oz chopped turnip greens
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 6 oz dry thin pasta
- salt to taste
- 1 ts tumeric
- 1 ts paprika
- Lemon pepper to taste
- Extra virgin olive oil as need
- in a lge pot use oil to brown lightly the chopped onion &garlic
- Add the turmeric, peprika & lemon pepper
- Aad the chicken broth or beef broth.
- Add all the beans & chopped vegetables , add more water
- if needed to pot & cook for 20 min.
- stirr the soup at this time if it needs more water add more hot water .brek the thin pasta in 1/2 & add to the soup & stirr the soup to get the past seate & soft into the soup.
- cook for 15 to 20 more min.. look d the right consistancy.
- turn the stove off.
- when ready to serve, For topping.
- in a seprate small pot brown 1 large sliced onion with with Extra virgin olive oil ,1 tes turmeric & paprika
- stir , Turn the stove off &use as garnish the soup befor serving.
- This Ash coudl be served with balsamic vinerger, sour cream, or yogurt.