Servs: 8 Prep: 5m Cook: 1h 10m
for cold winter time alwayes this soup one meal is a must .it is hardy & healthy .
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 1 16 oz can chicken or beef broth
- add 2 large onion ( 1 sliced & 1 chopped)
- add 4 clove garlic chopped
- add 1/2 cup cooked chick peas
- add 1/2 cup cooked lintells
- add 1/2 cup cooked black eye peas
- add 1/2 cup cooked pinto beans
- add 1 8 oz chopped spinach
- add 1 8 oz chopped turnip greens
- add 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- add 6 oz dry thin pasta
- add salt to taste
- add 1 ts tumeric
- add 1 ts paprika
- add Lemon pepper to taste
- add Extra virgin olive oil as need
- in a lge pot use oil to brown lightly the chopped onion &garlic
- Add the turmeric, peprika & lemon pepper
- Aad the chicken broth or beef broth.
- Add all the beans & chopped vegetables , add more water
- if needed to pot & cook for 20 min.
- stirr the soup at this time if it needs more water add more hot water .brek the thin pasta in 1/2 & add to the soup & stirr the soup to get the past seate & soft into the soup.
- cook for 15 to 20 more min.. look d the right consistancy.
- turn the stove off.
- when ready to serve, For topping.
- in a seprate small pot brown 1 large sliced onion with with Extra virgin olive oil ,1 tes turmeric & paprika
- stir , Turn the stove off &use as garnish the soup befor serving.
- This Ash coudl be served with balsamic vinerger, sour cream, or yogurt.