We get fresh cucumbers from our local farmer's market and this is one of our favorite ways to prepare them.
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 2 fresh cucumbers, peeled, cut in half lenghwise, seeded* and cut into 1/4 inch slices. *I use a melon baller to remove the seeds.
- add 1 Tbs. Sea Salt
- add 3 Tbs. Rice Wine vinegar
- add 1 Tbs. sugar or substitute
- add 1 Tbs. Sesame oil
- add 1/4 tsp. white or black sesame seeds
- add salt and pepper to taste
- Place sliced cucumbers in a colander in the sink. Sprinkle with Sea Salt and let sit for at least 1 hour. This removes a lot of the water in the cucumbers.
- Place Rice Wine vinegar, sugar, sesame oil, sesame seeds and pepper in a medium sized bowl. Mix well. Add the cucumbers and coat well with dressing. Taste, then add additional salt if needed.
- Can serve immediately, or refrigerate and serve within a day or two. May serve cold or room temperature.