Servs: 4 Prep: Cook:
Parma ham or Prosciutto di Parma is probably the most famous meat from Italy and definitely one of our favourites, it is just one of many types produced in Italy. Prosciutto derived from the the Latin word "perexutus" meaning "dried" is made from the cured hind leg of the pig. it is cut so one end is rounded.
- add 16 large asparagus spears - mine weren't great, DAMN SUPERMARKETS!!
- add 8 slices parma ham
- add 25g butter
- add 25g Parmesans cheese
- add 5 tbsp olive oil
- add 3 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- add 75g rocket
- add black pepper - don't use salt anywhere in this recipe as the parma ham and Parmesan will provide enough.
- prepare the asparagus by trimming off the lower part and peeling the stalk
- - bring a pot of water to the boil, add the asparagus and simmer for 4 minutes until bright green and tender. Drain and set aside to cool slightly.
- - Wrap 2 asparagus spears in each slice of parma ham and place on an oven tray or foil lined grill pan. Mix the butter and Parmesan together and season with black pepper.
- - Dot the Parmesan mixture all over the wrapped asparagus and place under a hot grill for 4 minutes until the cheese is bubbling and brown.
- - Whisk the olive oil and balsamic vinegar together and use half to dress the salad. Arrange the rocket on a plate, place the asparagus spears on top and drizzle with remaining dressing.