Servs: 6 Prep: Cook:
"For a light bite, Elaine Sweet created these pretty appetizers. I really like asparagus, so Im always trying it in different things, says the Dallas, Texas reader. 'This is a delicious twist on traditional bruschetta.'"
- add 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- add 1/4 teaspoon salt
- add 1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese
- add 3 tablespoons lime juice
- add 2 cups grape tomatoes, halved
- add 3 green onions, chopped
- add 1/2 pound fresh asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- add 1 tablespoon olive oil
- add 1 1/2 teaspoons grated lime peel
- add 3 garlic cloves, minced
- add 12 slices French baguette, toasted
- add 3 cups water
- add 1/4 cup minced fresh basil
- In a large saucepan, bring water to a boil. Add the asparagus; cover and boil for 2-4 minutes. Drain and immediately place asparagus in ice water. Drain and pat dry.
- In a bowl, combine the asparagus, tomatoes, basil, onions, lime juice, oil, garlic, lime peel, salt and pepper. Using a slotted spoon, spoon asparagus mixture onto bread. Sprinkle with blue cheese.