What a great twist on regular guacamole!!! You could use sour cream instead pf plain yogurt. Feel free to experiment! Have fun!
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 1 lb asparagus spears, cut into 1 inch lengths (2 cups)
- add 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- add 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- add 1/4 teaspoon salt
- add 1 medium tomato, seeded and chopped (1 cup)
- add 2 tablespoons sliced green onions
- add 1/4 teaspoon cayenne
- add 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- add 3/4 cup water
- add 1 clove garlic, minced (add more if you so desire!)
- add 2 tablespoons plain yogurt (or low fat)
- Combine asparagus and water in a 2 qt.
- Bring to a boil over medium high heat.
- Cover and reduce heat to medium-low.
- Simmer 8 to 10 mins.
- or until tender.
- Rinse with cold water; drain.
- Blot asparagus with a paper towel to remove excess moisture.
- Combine asparagus, yogurt and lemon juice in food processor or blender.
- Process till smooth.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine asparagus mixture and remaining ingredients.
- Chill, if desired.
- Serve with raw vegs.
- or tortilla chips.