Avocado Monte Cristo
Filed Under: delicious sandwich recipes by chef montaser
Servs: 2 Prep: Cook:
Look for our "California" label We've made considerable strides in more clearly identifying country of origin for California grown avocados. Although not all avocados are identified with our “California” branding, all avocados should be labeled with where they are from on a sticker or label. Look for “California” on the label to know you are getting fresh, locally (California) grown avocados.
- add 10 gm garlic mayonnaise
- add 20 gm fresh cilantro sprigs
- add 3 slices white sandwich bread
- add 1/2 California avocados
- add 2 slices sliced roasted chicken or turkey (3 pound)
- add 2 slices sliced Jalapeno Jack cheese
- add 2 eggs, beaten
- add 1 teaspoon salt / Unsalted butter, as needed
- Spread 1/2 tablespoon garlic mayonnaise on one side of each slice of bread. Cover 12 slices of
- bread with avocado slices. Top each with 2 slices of chicken or turkey and 1 slice cheese. Cover
- each with remaining slice of bread, spread-side down, diagonally cut each in half. Reserve.
- Beat together egg, milk, and salt; reserve. Dip 2 halves of a sandwich in egg mixture, coating
- well. Brown in hot butter, about 2 minutes per side.
- Serve with 1/4 cup fresh fruit salsa. Garnish with a cilantro sprig