A favorite appetizer of ours. Sometimes we add chopped jalapeno pepper to increase the heat. From Gourmet Magazine.
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 3 tablespoons chopped fresh coriander
- add 1/4 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- add 1 1/3 cups shredded monterey jack cheese
- add 1/2 teaspoon vegetable oil
- add 1/4 cup sour cream
- add salt and pepper
- add 2 vine-ripe tomatoes
- add 4 6-inch flour tortillas
- add 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- add 1 ripe avocado
- add 1 tablespoon chopped red onions
- In a small bowl, mix together the tomatoes, avocado, onion, lemon juice and Tabasco.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- In another small bowl, mix together sour cream, coriander, salt and pepper to taste.
- Put tortillas on a baking sheet and brush tops with oil.
- Broil tortillas 2 to 4 inches from heat until pale golden.
- Sprinkle tortillas evenly with cheese and broil until cheese is melted.
- Spread avocado mixture evenly over 2 tortillas and top each with 1 of remaining tortillas, cheese side down to make 2 quesadillas.
- Transfer quesadillas to a cutting board and cut into 4 wedges.
- Top each wedge with a dollop of sour cream mixture and serve warm.