A different sort of salsa - has avocado but is definitely not guacamole. Tasty!
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 4 ripe avocados
- add 1/2 teaspoon salt
- add 1/3 cup green olives or vegetable oil
- add 3 tablespoons white vinegar or cider vinegar
- add 2 (2 1/4 ounce) cans black ripe olives
- add 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- add 1 red bell pepper
- add 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- add 1/4 cup lemon juice
- add 5-6 cloves garlic
- add 1 cup chopped onions
- add 1 (16 ounce) package frozen corn, thawed (you can substitute peeled chopped cucumber if you don't like corn)
- In a large bowl, combine the corn (or cucumber), olives, red pepper, and onion.
- In a small bowl, combine garlic, oil, lemon juice, vinegar, oregano, salt and pepper; mix well.
- Pour over corn (or cucumber) mixture; toss to coat.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Just before serving, chop avocados and stir into salsa.
- Serve with tortilla chips.Note:make sure that you get good, ripe avocados!Also, you can add some minced jalapeno if you'd like a bit of spiciness.