I recently visited my brother and sister-in-law. She is a fabulous cook who learned from her mother growing up in Mexico City. She doesn't cook from recipes, but from memory and experience of how she was taught. We had a fabulous meal of beef tacos with this guacamole. I watched so I could make it at home. It's different than most because of the tomatillos, and it's wonderful with the beef. I posted the beef taco recipe separately.
- add 1/2 fresh lime, juice of
- add 1 serrano pepper (may need more depending on heat of pepper and your heat tolerance)
- add 8 tomatillos
- add 3 tablespoons cilantro
- add 2 garlic cloves
- add 2 avocados
- add 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- add 1/4 medium onion
- Rmove the husks from the tomatillos, wash them well, and roughly chop them.
- Put the tomatillos, onion, garlic, and pepper in a food processor or blender.Process for about eight seconds.
- Add the avocado chunks, cilantro, salt, and lime juice to the food processor bowl.Process an additional ten seconds.The texture is supposed to be somewhat chunky - not a puree.
- Taste to adjust seasoning. You may need to add more serrano pepper. The tomatillos and lime will keep the guacamole fresh and it won't turn brown.